JUPITERMEDIA ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF SMALLBUSINESSCOMPUTING.COM EXCELLENCE IN TECHNOLOGY AWARDS
(New York, NY - January 24, 2007) - JupiterWeb, a division of Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM), today announced that the users of SmallBusinessComputing.com (www.smallbusinesscomputing.com), a leading online information resource designed specifically for Internet and IT professionals dedicated to providing technology solutions for small businesses, have chosen the winners for the SmallBusinessComputing.com 2007 Excellence in Technology Awards.
"Once again, small businesses told us that they lean towards proven hardware vendors such as HP and Dell, which both won in multiple categories," said Dan Muse, executive editor of internet.com's Small Business Channel. "However, we noticed some emerging trends such as the acceptance of small business products from large storage vendors and a greater adoption of Web-based applications and services," added Muse.
The winners by category are as follows:
- Store Front Winner: Volusion; Runner-up: Yahoo! Merchant Solutions
- Web Hosting Provider Winner: Yahoo! Web Hosting; Runner-up: Go Daddy, Runner-up: Verio
- Customer Service Winner: Volusion Live Chat Premium Edition; Runner-up: Live Person Pro
- SEO/SEM/Web Analytics Provider Winner: WebTrends; Runner-up: Omniture
- Online Marketing and Advertising Winner: Google AdWords; Runner-up: Constant Contact
- Affiliate Program Winner: Google AdSense; Runner-up: Amazon Associates
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
- Productivity Winner: Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2; Runner-up: FileMaker Pro 8.5
- Accounting and Finance Winner: QuickBooks Premier 2007 (Intuit); Runner-up: Peachtree by Sage Premium Accounting 2007
- Graphics and Multimedia Winner: Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0; Runner-up Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI
- Sales and Customer Management Winner: Salesforce.com; Runner-up: ACT! by Sage 2007
- Collaboration Winner: Citrix Go to Webinar; Runner-up: Central Desktop
- VoIP Winner: Skype for Business; Runner-up: SmartVoice Plus (Accessline Communications)
- Desktop Winner: Dell OptiPlex 745; Runner-up: iMac (MA590LL)
- Notebook Winner: Dell Latitude D820; Runner-up: MacBook (2.0GHz)
- Color Printer Winner: HP Color LaserJet 2605dn; Runner-up: Xerox Phaser 6120
- Black and White Printer Winner: HP LaserJet 5200; Runner-up Samsung ML-2571N
- Multifunction Device Winner: HP Officejet 4315 All-in-One; Runner-up: Xerox WorkCentre 4118 Multifunction Printer
- Mobile Device Winner: BlackBerry Pearl 8100; Runner-up: Palm Treo 700wx
- Storage Winner: NetApp StoreVault S500; Runner-up: EMC CLARiiON AX150i
- Server Winner: HP Proliant ML570 G4; Runner-up: IBM System x3105
- PC Security Winner: Norton Internet Security 2007 (Symantec); Runner-up: McAfee Internet Security Suite 2007
- Network Security Winner: McAfee Total Protection for Small Business; Runner-up: Trend Micro Client Server Security 3 for SMB
- PC Data Backup And Recovery Winner: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop Edition 6.5; Runner-up: Maxtor OneTouch III, Turbo Edition (Seagate Corp.)
- Network Data Backup And Recovery Winner: EVault Small Business Edition; Runner-up: Seagate Mirra Sync and Share Personal Server 320 GB
The complete list of winners and finalists is available on on SmallBusinessComputing.com (www.smallbusinesscomputing.com).
To request an eps version of the Excellence in Technology Award logo click here
SmallBusinessComputing.com (www.smallbusinesscomputing.com) is a daily information resource designed specifically for Internet and IT professionals dedicated to providing technology solutions for small business owners. The site features a product testing and review section, a buyer's guide, business tools, daily news for e-marketers and Webmasters, and a free e-mail newsletter. SmallBusinessComputing.com can be found on internet.com's Small Business Channel.
About Jupitermedia Corporation
Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM) (www.jupitermedia.com), headquartered in Darien, CT, is a leading global provider of original information and images for information technology, business and creative professionals. Jupitermedia includes Jupiterimages, one of the leading images companies in the world with over 7.0 million images online serving creative professionals with brands like BananaStock, Workbook Stock, Brand X Pictures, FoodPix, Botanica, Nonstock, The Beauty Archive, IFA Bilderteam, Comstock Images, Creatas Images, PictureQuest, Liquid Library, Thinkstock Images, Thinkstock Footage, Bigshot Media, Goodshoot, ITStockFree, Stock Image, Pixland, Photos.com, Ablestock.com, PhotoObjects.net, Clipart.com, FlashFoundry.com, AnimationFactory.com, RoyaltyFreeMusic.com, StudioCutz.com, JupiterGreetings.com and Stockxpert.com. The media segment of Jupitermedia consists of the internet.com online division, which operates four distinct networks: internet.com and EarthWeb.com for IT and business professionals; DevX.com for developers; and Graphics.com for creative professionals. The internet.com online division includes more than 150 Web sites and over 150 e-mail newsletters that are viewed by over 20 million users and generate over 400 million page views monthly. In addition, the media segment includes internet.com events, which produces offline conferences and trade shows focused on IT and business-specific topics.
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. The potential risks and uncertainties address a variety of subjects including, for example, the competitive environment in which Jupitermedia competes; the unpredictability of Jupitermedia's future revenues, expenses, cash flows and stock price; Jupitermedia's ability to integrate acquired businesses, products and personnel into its existing businesses; Jupitermedia's ability to protect its intellectual property; and Jupitermedia's dependence on a limited number of advertisers. For a more detailed discussion of such risks and uncertainties, refer to Jupitermedia's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements included herein are made as of the date of this press release, and Jupitermedia assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements after the date hereof.
For information on Jupitermedia Corporation contact:
VP of Marketing
All current Jupitermedia Corporation press releases can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.jupitermedia.com/corporate/press.html