2009 PressPress Releases
INTERNET.COM ANNOUNCES THE WINNERS OF DEVELOPER.COM PRODUCT OF THE YEAR AWARDS
New York, NY (February 13, 2009) - Internet.com, a division of Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM), has announced the winners for the Developer.com Product of the Year Awards for 2009. These 2009 awards mark the seventh year for this competition. The winners were nominated and selected by the users of Developer.com (www.developer.com), a leading online information resource dedicated to providing technology information for developers.
Rosemarie Graham, Managing Editor of Developer.com, stated, "We had a record number of nominations this year. When the voting on the finalists concluded, NetBeans dominated the top honors in several categories. Unlike the previous years, there were no close races for the winning position. The winners were clear-cut. "
"It is no surprise to see Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) take the prize for technology of the year; however, seeing the open source project Mono 2.0 grab the honors for .NET tool is a surprise," stated Bradley Jones, Senior Executive Editor of Internet.com's Developer Channel. "MySQL WorkBench's win in the Database Tool category also shows how far MySQL has come in the database market," added Jones.
The winners by category are as follows:
- Technology of the Year - Rich Internet Applications (RIAs)
- Framework of the Year - Spring Framework and Hibernate Framework
- Development Tool of the Year - NetBeans Platform
- Development Utility of the Year - NetBeans Profiler
- Web Service Product of the Year - REST (Representational State Transfer)
- Wireless/Mobile Development Tool or Add-in of the Year - NetBeans Mobility Pack
- Database Tool or Add-in of the Year - MySQL Workbench
- Java Tool/ Add-in of the Year - NetBeans IDE
- JSR (Java Specification Request) of the Year - 220: Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0
- .NET Tool/Add-in of the Year - Mono 2.0
- Open Source Tool of the Year - NetBeans
- Security Tool of the Year - OpenSSO Enterprise
Congratulations go out to all the winners. The complete list of winners and finalists is available on Developer.com (www.developer.com).
Developer.com (www.developer.com) is a journal of insight into cutting edge programming techniques aimed at professional developers working in corporate environments that features articles and tutorials focused on issues and applications critical to the community. Developer.com can be found on the Internet.com Network.
About Jupitermedia Corporation
Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM, jupitermedia.com), headquartered in Darien, CT, is a leading global provider of images, news and original information, career Web sites and events for information technology, business, media and creative professionals.
For information on Jupitermedia Corporation contact:
Director of Marketing
All current Jupitermedia press releases can be found online at www.jupitermedia.com/corporate/press.html